The International Organization for Migration (IOM) has announced the displacement of 1,465 Yemeni families during the first five months of the current year. "Our Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) has recorded the displacement of 1,465 families representing (8,790 individuals) who w...
On Sunday, the International Organization for Migration (IOM) of the United Nations said that African migrants face perilous conditions in Yemen, including migrants from the Horn of Africa. The organization stated that it is "working tirelessly with stakeholders in Yemen and Ethiopi...
U.S. Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin signed an order to extend the deployment of the USS Dwight D. Eisenhower and its warships for a second time. The U.S. Navy aircraft carrier strike group has launched crucial strikes against Houthis in Yemen to protect military and commercial ships in t...
A court run by Yemen's Houthis on Saturday sentenced 44 people to death, including a businessman working with aid groups, on spying charges, a defense lawyer said. The 44 were among 49 people who were detained by the Houthis and accused of "collaborating with the enemy," a ...
On Thursday, the Houthi group announced that it had targeted 10 ships associated with the United States, Britain, and Israel in the Red Sea, Arabian Sea, Mediterranean Sea, and Indian Ocean during this past week. The leader of the group, Abdul-Malik al-Houthi, stated in a televised speec...
A ship is taking on water after being hit by three missiles in the Red Sea off the coast of Yemen, maritime security firm Ambrey said on Tuesday. The Greek-owned bulk carrier has started listing but is continuing its voyage after being attacked. The Laax, sailing under the Marshall Islan...
Yemen's Iran-backed Houthis said on Monday they launched attacks on three ships in the Indian Ocean and the Red Sea and two U.S. destroyers in the Red Sea. The group, which describes its attacks as acts of solidarity with Palestinians in Israel's war in Gaza, said the ships were ...
The Houthi group in Yemen launched two anti-ship ballistic missiles on Saturday toward the Red Sea, according to U.S. Central Command (CENTCOM). "No injuries or damage were reported by U.S., coalition, or commercial ships. "This continued malign and reckless behavior by the Ira...
Landmines in Yemen continue to kill and cause serious injuries to civilians in areas where active hostilities have ceased and are preventing farmers from accessing their land, Human Rights Watch said today. Yemeni law and the 1997 Mine Ban Treaty prohibit any use of antipersonnel landmin...
The Houthis in Yemen have weapons that can reach as far as the Mediterranean Sea, according to a senior defense official. The U.S. government is concerned that the Iran-backed group has the capability to extend strikes on shipping beyond the Red Sea and Gulf of Aden to the Mediterranean,...
The Houthis of Yemen have claimed responsibility for the downing of a US MQ-9 Reaper drone over al-Bayda province in Yemen. It is the fifth U.S. drone downed in Yemen since late last year. Houthi military spokesman Brig. Gen. Yahya Saree said Tuesday the latest drone was shot down with a...
Human rights experts working for the United Nations on Monday urged Yemen's Houthi rebels to release five people from the country's Baha'i religious minority who have been in detention for a year. The five are among 17 Baha'i followers detained last May when the Houthis r...
More than 18.2 million people in Yemen, including 9.8 million children, are estimated to require humanitarian assistance and protection in 2024, with 4.5 million people estimated to be internally displaced, according to UNICEF. During the first quarter of the year, among the 4.56 million...
Yemen's Houthis on Friday claimed to have shot down an American drone. Early Saturday, a vessel also came under attack in the Red Sea. This is the fourth U.S. Reaper drone being shot down by the Houthis since October 2023. The Houthis circulated footage of the downed UAV that served ...
The Socotra Archipelago province witnessed a popular demonstration on Thursday, demanding the departure of Governor Raafat Al-Thaqli, as a result of the deteriorating living conditions on the island. Local sources said that the protesters stormed the local authority building and closed a...
Britain will spend £140 million in the coming year to help starving people in Yemen as they suffer "one of the world's worst humanitarian crises", the Foreign Secretary has said. Lord David Cameron announced aid funding for the country will increase by 58% for 2024-20...
The United Nations on Monday expressed fears at what it called a "rapidly worsening" outbreak of cholera in war-ravaged Yemen, with more than 40,000 suspected cases since October, mainly in areas controlled by Houthis. "We are also deeply concerned about a rapidly worsenin...
A Chinese envoy on Monday urged Yemen's Houthi group to respect the right of commercial vessels of all countries to navigate in the waters of the Red Sea and to immediately stop the harassment. Speaking at a UN Security Council meeting on Yemen, Geng Shuang, China's deputy perman...
A product tanker was targeted by a suspected pirate attack in the Gulf of Aden on Friday, leading to the apprehension of six individuals by the European Union Naval Force (EUNAVFOR). The UK Maritime Trade Operations (UKMTO) reported the vessel had been approached by a small cra...
The EU on Tuesday announced $125 million for NGOs and UN agencies helping people in Yemen, a day after aid groups appealed for billions to alleviate the humanitarian crisis in the country. The money is directed at the "most vulnerable in Yemen", the European Commission said aft...
101 - 120 of ( 317 ) records