A leading secessionist figure in South Yemen said Friday that separating from North Yemen is still a priority, and they will begin talks with the Ansar Allah (Houthi) group to discuss this matter. The head of Yemen’s Southern Transitional Council (STC), Aidarous al-Zub...
The buffer zone agreement on the Yemeni-Saudi border will not succeed because the Houthis have endless demands and are subject to Iranian geopolitical ambitions that seek to change the map of the entire region, not just Yemen, a source close to the Yemeni government told Sheba ...
Thousands of Ansar Allah (Houthi) fighters marched Thursday on Al-Sabeen Square in Sanaa, accompanied by dozens of trucks that carried cruise missiles and drones. This show of force commemorates the Houthis' takeover of Sanaa and sends a warning message to thei...
Pro-government forces stationed in the Al-Jab area, northwest of Al-Dhale province, thwarted an attempted advance by the Ansar Allah (Houthi) group, local sources said on Tuesday. The attack happened early Tuesday. The Houthi fighters stationed north of Sira town launched an artiller...
The Ansar Allah (Houthi) delegation left Saudi Arabia on Tuesday, ending their five-day visit to the kingdom, with no declared agreement between the two sides. Informed sources indicated the talks resulted in progress on key sticking points, including the timetable for the exit of fo...
Rifts between Yemen's Prime Minister and Parliament have been deepening over the past months, adding to the fragility of the UN-recognized government, which has fought the Ansar Allah (Houthi) group since 2015. While these rifts have been kept in the dark, documents have lately l...
The Ansar Allah (Houthi) group has agreed to Saudi demands to create a demilitarized buffer zone along the Yemen-Saudi border, and the buffer is twenty kilometers deep, informed Houthi sources told Sheba Intelligence on Monday. Previously, the Houthi group had rejecte...
Lightning strikes continue to claim lives in Yemen in line with the continued rainfall in different provinces nationwide. The latest lightning strike killed seven people Al-Luhiyah and Al-Zahra district in Al-Hodeida province to the west of Yemen. The thunderbolt killed one man and s...
Yemen's House of Representatives said Friday that solutions for the civil conflict should not contradict the agreed-upon references, including the United Nations Security Council Resolution 2216. The reaction of the House of Representatives came after a team of...
The Ansar Allah (Houthi) group has begun dropping some of its demands in line with the continued international and regional peace efforts to end the conflict in Yemen. On Wednesday, a Houthi official said the Sanaa government handed over the 2014 list of Yemen's government employees....
Members of the Ansar Allah (Houthi) group headed to Saudi Arabia on Thursday, accompanied by the Omani delegation, marking a new stride in reducing the disagreement level between the parties to the conflict in Yemen. Today, Thursday, the Omani delegation, leading peace ne...
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) Tuesday expressed concern about the recent arrests of African migrants in Aden of South Yemen, urging the local authorities to protect migrants regardless of their immigration status, nationality, race, or gender. This call comes days...
The Yemen Mobile Company has begun constructing a telecommunications tower in an archaeological site in Dhamar province in North Yemen, defying the Houthi Presidency Office's directive, which ordered the company to find an alternative place for its tower. Sheba Intelligence obtai...
The Austrian OMV company operating in Shabwa province in South Yemen will lay off two hundred employees starting next year, 2024, a local source told Sheba Intelligence. This workforce reduction comes in line with the continued cessation of oil exports since last year. According...
Yemen's Gas Company in Sanaa said Sunday an electrical short led to a fire and explosion in a gas trailer in the Company's yard, located near Aya roundabout in the country's capital city. Local sources told Sheba Intelligence that 15 people were injured and there w...
The military movements of the United States in Yemen’s eastern and southern provinces will prolong the war and block the path to peace in the country, the Shura Council of the Ansar Allah (Houthi) group said on Saturday. In a statement issued by the Houthi-run Saba News Agency,...
The Ansar Allah (Houthi) group launched on Wednesday evening a rocket attack on the camps of the internally displaced persons, wounding one woman and damaging many shelters in Alwadi district of Marib province, a local source said. According to the source, four rockets hit some displacemen...
Sheba Intelligence obtained new information about the identity of the foreign aid workers who were kidnapped in Yemen on August 28. The two are employees of Doctors Without Borders (MSF) in Yemen. Sources from the MSF said the abductees are Peter Rowland, director of primary health i...
The United Nations envoy for Yemen, Hans Grundberg, arrived on Wednesday in Marib, marking his first visit to the province, which is under the control of Yemen’s UN-recognized government. This visit comes as part of the UN-led peace effort to end the war in Yemen. Maj...
Yemen will remain a powder keg for renewed war unless its warring sides work out a new truce deal, a United Nations official said on Monday. Hans Grundberg, the U.N. special envoy to Yemen, indicated that the situation in the war-torn country is fragile, and the war renewal is a scenario...
341 - 360 of ( 369 ) records